Top 5 Most Viewed Videos of 2017
News Jan 05, 2018 | By Adam Tozer Ph.D Neuroscience Writer
We posted lots of great and informative videos from the world of neuroscience in 2017. Here we list the Top 5 most viewed. Keep your eye on our Facebook video page to stay up to date in 2018.
1. The human brain is shrinking
2. Octopuses are incredibly smart
3. Citizen neuroscientists are helping to solve the secrets of the brain
4. Lack of exercise shrinks your brain
5. Light at night promotes tumor growth
Neurons in the human brain receive electrical signals from thousands of other cells, and long neural extensions called dendrites play a critical role in incorporating all of that information. Using hard-to-obtain samples of human brain tissue, MIT neuroscientists have now discovered that human dendrites have different electrical properties from those of other species.