Bio-Rad Launches CHT Ceramic Hydroxyapatite XT Media and Nuvia HP-Q Resin for Process Protein Purification
Product News Sep 10, 2018
CHT Ceramic Hydroxyapatite XT Media
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., a global leader of life science research and clinical diagnostic products, announced the launch of two new chromatography media for process protein purification: CHT Ceramic Hydroxyapatite XT Media and Nuvia HP-Q Resin.
CHT Ceramic Hydroxyapatite XT (CHT XT) Mixed-Mode Media
CHT Ceramic Hydroxyapatite XT (CHT XT) Mixed-Mode Media was formulated in response to customers' need for a more robust and stable resin that can maintain the superior performance of CHT resins. CHT XT offers high resolution and efficient single-step clearance of aggregates and other impurities such as HCP, dsDNA, endotoxins, and leached Protein A. It can be used in applications such as purification of enzymes, monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies of various classes, antibody fragments, and bispecific antibodies; efficient isolation and purification of viruses and virus-like particles (VLPs); and, separation of supercoiled DNA from linear duplexes as well as single-stranded from double-stranded DNA.
Key benefits of CHT XT Media
- Unique selectivity — binds by cation exchange and affinity interactions, unlike any unimodal resin
- Cost efficiency — reusability improves economy of the process purification workflow
- Time efficiency — can be used for single-step clearance of aggregates and other impurities
- Broad chemical compatibility — is compatible with a wide range of chemicals
To learn more about CHT Ceramic Hydroxyapatite XT (CHT XT) Mixed-Mode Media, please visit bio-rad.com/CHT-XT.
Nuvia HP-Q Anion Exchange Resin
Nuvia HP-Q Anion Exchange Resin was introduced to fill customers’ need for a high-performance resin compatible with high-throughput (HTP) large biomolecule purification. It can be used for downstream purification of large molecules such as high molecular weight (HMW) plasma proteins IgA and IgM, viruses, VLPs, and PEGylated proteins.
Key benefits of Nuvia HP-Q Resin
- Time efficiency and HTP compatibility — high flow rate compatibility (300 cm/hr) and fast mass transfer kinetics ensure purifications can be performed in less time
- Cost efficiency — lifetime of more than 100 cycles without loss of dynamic binding capacity (DBC) allows repeated use
- Mechanical stability — resin column holds up under the flow rates required for manufacturing-scale purification
- High productivity — excellent DBC (>50 mg/ml) with optimized pore structure, spacer length, and ligand density improves productivity
To learn more about Nuvia HP-Q Anion Exchange Resin, please visit bio-rad.com/Nuvia HP-Q.