Bio-Rad Launches CFX Manager Software Version 1.5
Product News Jul 07, 2009
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., a multinational manufacturer and distributor of life science research and clinical diagnostic products, has announced the launch of its CFX Manager™ software version 1.5, a key component of Bio-Rad’s 1000-series thermal cycling platform.
CFX Manager software version 1.5 controls Bio-Rad’s CFX96™, CFX384™, and MiniOpticon™ real-time PCR detection systems. Whether performing a first real-time PCR experiment or analyzing a comprehensive gene expression study, CFX Manager software enables researchers to set up experiments and analyze data.
The combination of the data analysis capabilities of CFX Manager software version 1.5 and the compact, portable MiniOpticon provides the ideal solution for researchers requiring medium to low throughput real-time PCR.
Built on Bio Rad’s MJ Mini™ thermal cycler, the MiniOpticon’s two-color multiplexing capability can detect a range of fluorophores for real-time PCR applications and gel-free PCR analysis.
Pairing the CFX96 or CFX384 systems with CFX Manager software version 1.5, researchers can conduct high-throughput real-time PCR. Compatible with Bio-Rad’s C1000™ thermal cycler platform, the CFX96 and CFX384 systems deliver detection for real-time PCR applications, including absolute quantitation, genetic variation analysis, and gene expression.
CFX Manager software version 1.5 key features include the following:
• Startup wizard and intuitive navigation - users are able to quickly get up and running.
• Flexible record keeping - users can enter or edit PCR plate information before, during, or after a run.
• Customizable settings - users can customize experiment setup and data analysis.
• Email notification upon run completion - users can receive an attached data file or report so they can analyze results when and where they want.
• Well Groups - users can analyze multiple experiments from a single plate, each with its own analysis settings.
• Advanced analysis tools - users can perform normalized gene expression using multiple reference genes, gene stability values, and individual reaction efficiencies.
CFX Manager software version 1.5 is also available in Chinese and Russian editions. These localized language editions are the first in the real-time PCR market to display a user interface in either Chinese or Russian.
The Chinese and Russian versions of the software have all of the same features as the English version of CFX Manager software version 1.5 and work with the regional language settings on both the Microsoft Windows® XP and Microsoft Windows Vista™ operating systems providing localized, language-specific environments.