GE Healthcare Introduces the IN Cell Analyzer 2000 Cell Imaging System
Product News May 05, 2009
GE Healthcare has launched the IN Cell Analyzer 2000, a flexible cell imaging system for High Content Analysis for all screening and research needs.
The flexibility of the system enables scientists to perform a wide variety of previously challenging experiments with a single instrument: from investigative microscopy through to automated screening, and imaging of organelles, cells, tissues and whole organisms.
The IN Cell Analyzer 2000 has a combination of hardware and software features for fast image acquisition making it ideal for screening. The robust construction of the instrument ensures its reliability for high throughput use when carrying out demanding applications in a multi-user environment, the company says.
The system has a number of new enabling features, including:
• Rapid preview scanning of a selected area of a sample at any available magnification prior to starting an acquisition run.
• High performance large chip CCD camera coupled with a widefield illumination source that is twice as bright as a conventional xenon lamp, ensuring more statistically robust results in a single pass.
• Whole-well imaging to capture an entire well in a single image, enhancing the ability to image rare events.
• Wide range of objectives (2x – 100x) to suit a variety of sensitivity requirements.
• Six imaging restoration modes to ensure high quality images and accurate data with any sample type.
• Fast image acquisition from slides using Preview scan and a new graphical user interface.
• A manual microscope mode allowing settings to be adjusted and effects assessed in real time.
“The IN Cell Analyzer 2000 was developed to address the needs of the entire high-content imaging workflow: combined with intuitive software, as well as expert instrument and applications support, even the most challenging high content assays are now an every day reality. Cell analysis just got easier,” says Leighton Howells, Program Manager, at GE Healthcare. “The launch of the IN Cell Analyzer 2000 exemplifies our commitment to the continued development of leading solutions for cell imaging scientists.”
The instrument will be showcased at the SBS 15th Annual Conference and Exhibition, at booth 166. Customers can also register for several events focusing on High Content Analysis at the event, including tutorials, Q&A sessions with experts in high content analysis and poster sessions.