GeneBio Launches Phenyx 2.0
Product News Feb 14, 2006
Geneva Bioinformatics has announced the release of Phenyx 2.0, the latest version of its software platform for proteomics MS data analysis.
A number of key features have been added and enhanced since version 1.9 was released at the HUPO 4th Annual World Congress last September, including: Manual validation functionality, allowing users to manually accept/reject peptide assignments and save and export the modification, Filtering possibilities on the Compounds Overview to facilitate results interpretation, Updated design of the Phenyx desktop and the multiple results views, Visualization of submission parameters of multiple jobs from the desktop menu, New representation of peptide sequences, Allow tolerances for both fixed and variable modifications to further improve fine-tuning of submission parameters, A number of new functionalities are made available in the Management Console.
Phenyx includes an array of functionalities, such as: Flexible scoring algorithm (based on OLAV) that has already been tailored for instruments supplied by leading MS instrument providers, along with the option to be optimized for individual instruments and specific workflows
- Flexible and interactive interface (the "Phenyx Web Interface") that is designed to enable users to fine-tune data submission and to assess and validate results with a full range of dynamics views, reports and graphics
- Extensive use of annotations in databases, notably in Swiss-Prot (PTMs, variants, AA modifications…)
- Combination/cross-validation of results via the "results comparison tool," enabling users to compare Phenyx runs amongst themselves and with those of other MS search engines like Mascot and SEQUEST
- Easy workflow integration/automation thanks to a battery of Perl scripts, Perl modules and a command line interface
- Exportable results tables into spreadsheets, XML and text.
"Phenyx is a dynamic software platform," said Nasri Nahas, CEO of GeneBio.
"We are constantly developing and improving it by working closely with renowned scientists in the proteomics field together with partners, customers and users in order to incorporate many valuable suggestions and achieve a more robust platform."
"We are confident that version 2.0 brings an even higher level of accuracy and stability to an already solid platform that meets the desires of our users."
"Our team has worked hard alongside key figures in the field to create an intuitive and responsive interface while updating platform-wide functionalities; we believe that both new and experienced users will be happy with our work."