New Products in the Limelight at Lab Innovations 2019
Product News Oct 16, 2019
Lab Innovations, a UK trade show dedicated to the laboratory industry, will see a number of new product introductions at Birmingham’s NEC, 30 and 31 October. Many of the shows’ exhibitors will be launching or highlighting their very latest laboratory innovations, services and solutions - from general lab equipment and informatics, to larger-scale industrial and cleanroom technology. 10% bigger than last year, the event will feature 160+ lab suppliers both large and small, exhibiting hundreds of cutting-edge products, including leading brands and novel solutions for all areas of the lab environment.
Novel products highlighted in the Innovation Gallery have been selected for their ability to enable scientists to perform their work more effectively and will be showcased on the show’s ‘Innovation Trail’ tours. These include:
- SPECTRO’s SPECTROGREEN inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometer (ICP-OES) with new Dual Side-On Interface (DSOI) technology;
- Shimadzu’s Nexera UHPLC with A.I. that detects and resolves issues automatically to simplify lab management and increase throughput;
- SCP Sciences’ NovaWAVE SA standalone microwave digestion tunnel system for improving productivity through automation;
- A&D Instruments’ Apollo GF-A/GX-K series multi-functional precision balances with impact shock detection;
- BRAND’s HandyStep® touch, the first repetitive pipette with touchscreen operation;
- Eppendorf’s new Conical Tubes 25mL that fills the gap between the volumes of traditional conical tubes for cell biology applications;
- and from Appleton Woods, the BioEcho EchoLUTION cell culture DNA Kit with proprietary single-step technology.
Numerous new products supporting routine laboratory functions will be on show. These include Radwag’s new Synergy Lab line of microbalances and analytical balances; Peak Scientific’s Genius XE 35 nitrogen generator; new pipettes and shakers from IKA; and the world’s only remote-controlled MasterflexLive™ Peristaltic Pumps from Cole-Parmer. The event will also feature many analytical technologies, including Mitsubishi moisture meters and NIC mercury analyzers from A1-environsciences and Novacyt’s PathFlow™ rapid infectious disease testing portfolio.
One of Lab Innovations’ main themes is sustainability and there will be a range of new energy-efficient equipment to look out for, including STARLAB’s GuardOne® workstation, LTE-Scientific’s eco-drying glassware cabinet, as well as biological safety cabinets from Esco and Haier Biomedical. SLS will also be exclusively introducing to the UK the iWash™ cell counter slide washer, which can reduce plastic waste by cleaning slides for re-use (in under 30 seconds).