Notable BioTek Products and Events at SBS 2011
Product News Mar 20, 2011
BioTek Instruments, Inc., welcomes Society for Biomolecular Sciences Conference & Exhibition attendees to booth #618 at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center in Orlando, Florida on March 27-31.
BioTek will specially feature the Synergy™ H1 Hybrid Multi-Mode Microplate Reader and the MultiFlo™ Microplate Dispenser. Patent-pending Synergy H1 is a quadruple-grading monochromator-based reader that may be easily upgraded at any time with filter-based optics to become a true hybrid reader.
This provides endless flexibility for current as well as future assay needs. The MultiFlo Microplate Dispenser combines up to four independent liquid dispensers and two dispensing systems in one compact unit for broad dispense ranges and microplate/vessel types.
Additionally, the company will show their EL406™ Combination Washer Dispenser, providing washing and two dispensing technologies in one unit, the PowerWave™ Microplate Spectrophotometer with shaking and temperature control, and the BioStack™ Microplate Stacker for walk-away automation of routine microplate-based processes.
BioTek will also present two tutorials during the exhibit. "Enabling Drug Discovery through the Use of Simple. Robust Automation" will be held Tuesday, March 29 at 8:00am in the convention center's Tallahassee room, and "Microplate Washing Methodologies and Optimizing Liquid Handler Performance" will be held Wednesday, March 30 at 12:30pm in the convention center's Osceola 1/2 room. Light meals will be served at each tutorial session.
Technical poster presentations will include:
• Utility of Automated Drug Transport Assays in 96-Well Format, using Permeable Support Systems
• Cell-Based Cytochrome P450 Induction, Inhibition, and Viability Assays using Cryopreserved Human Hepatocytes in an Automated, Multiplexed Format
• Automated 384-Well Cell-Based Cytochrome P450 Inhibition Assays using Cryopreserved Human Hepatocytes in Suspension
• Utility of the Synergy H1 Multi-Mode Microplate Reader in Combination with Transcreener ADP2 FP, TR-FRET and FI Assays for the Measurement of ADP Accumulation
• Utility of a Sensitive, Fluorescence-Based Assay for the Detection of Histone Deacetylase 6 (HDAC6) Activity
• A Homogeneous Assay to Quantify Endogenous AKT Phosphorylation in Human Umbilical Endothelial Cells
• A Fluorescence Microplate-based Assay Workflow Enabling the Functional Characterization of Multidrug Resistance Transporters in Living Cells