SRU Biosystems Expands its Family of BIND® Readers
Product News Apr 29, 2009
SRU Biosystems has announced the expansion of its family of bench top BIND® Readers, enabling researchers in academia and government institutions, as well as biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, access to the benefits of SRU’s label-free BIND® technology.
SRU’s reader expansion creates the only suite of high quality, label-free detection instruments available on the market that spans the full range of customer throughput and budgetary requirements.
SRU Biosystems now offers the BIND® Cartridge Reader for lower throughput applications, and three plate-based BIND® Readers, the SCREENER, PROFILER and EXPLORER, for medium to ultra high throughput applications.
• SCREENER: 384/1536-well BIND® Biosensor plate compatibility
• PROFILER: 96/384-well BIND® Biosensor plate compatibility
• EXPLORER: 96-well BIND® Biosensor plate compatibility
• Cartridge Reader: 16-well BIND® Biosensor cartridge compatibility.
SRU Biosystems’ label-free BIND® technology has sensitivity and application flexibility. It can be used for complex cellular assays such as GPCR pathway analysis, ion channel assays and cell adhesion assays; as well as biochemical assays, such as protein:protein binding, enzyme assays, and fragment and small molecule screening.
These applications have been utilized in exploring assay development, high throughput screening, and lead profiling. SRU anticipates a continued expansion of its label-free BIND products, creating new assay capabilities.
Key features of SRU’s BIND® Plate-based Readers include:
• Application versatility: biochemical and cellular assays
• Fully upgradeable to higher density read modes
• Ultra-fast TURBO read mode
• Small footprint ideal for bench top use or automation integration
• Real-time data viewing
• Flexible integration with uHTS systems including on-board liquid handling
• Plate removal and interleaving during assay runs.