X-CLARITY™ Tissue Clearing System
X-CLARITY™ Tissue Clearing System
Complete the form below and we will email you a PDF version of "X-CLARITY™ Tissue Clearing System"
In 2013, what many called one of the most important advances for neuroanatomy was published in the journal Nature. CLARITY, a new method developed by scientists at Stanford University, was found to produce structurally sound and transparent tissues that are ready for multiple rounds of antibody labeling and imaging. With the CLARITY method, the biomolecules in intact tissues are covalently linked to a sturdy hydrogel network, preserving molecular information and structural integrity. Lipid bilayers are broken up through electrophoresis in the presence of ionic detergents, leaving behind a stable and transparent tissue-hydrogel hybrid that is chemically accessible for molecular phenotyping.
Although this method opened up a world of possibilities, scientists trying to clear their own tissue samples ran into difficulties that ranged from constructing their own DIY tissue clearing chamber to poor tissue clearing. Time, resources, and samples were wasted.
Then came the new X-CLARITY™ Tissue Clearing System from Logos Biosystems – an all-in-one, easy-to-use solution for electrophoretic tissue clearing. The X-CLARITY™ Tissue Clearing System has a unique design that accelerates the removal of lipids from tissues in a highly efficient manner.
The X-CLARITY™ Tissue Clearing System is composed of four components:
- the X-CLARITY™ ETC Controller,
- the X-CLARITY™ ETC Chamber,
- the X-CLARITY™ pump, and
- the X-CLARITY™ buffer reservoir.
The X-CLARITY™ ETC Controller works as both a power supply to and temperature controller for the X-CLARITY™ ETC Chamber. A tissue sample is placed inside the X-CLARITY™ ETC Chamber where it undergoes electrophoresis. Improved electrodes generate a uniform electric field that eliminates uneven voltages and currents. A built-in electric switching system allows users to change the direction of the electric current at pre-defined time periods. An active cooling system minimizes the probability of artifacts arising due to poor temperature control. Clearing buffer is continually circulated through the chamber for consistent buffering capacity, temperature control, and the elimination of electrophoretic byproducts. This advanced system ensures that tissue clearing occurs efficiently and rapidly.
- The X-CLARITY™ Tissue Clearing System dramatically reduces tissue clearing time. A whole adult mouse brain is cleared in under 48 hours. The speed and efficiency of the X-CLARITY™ Tissue Clearing System makes optimizing for other organs and tissues a much easier endeavor.
- The X-CLARITY™ Tissue Clearing System successfully produces transparent tissues that demonstrate the e?cient penetration of and labeling with macromolecules such as antibodies or oligonucleotides.
- The X-CLARITY™ Tissue Clearing System greatly simpli?es the CLARITY process. Complicated electrical and communicating wires are combined into a single cable in an integrated system for power supply and control. By simply pushing a few buttons, scientists can easily operate the X-CLARITY™ Tissue Clearing System. Specially designed consumables make tissue clearing even more straightforward and trouble-free.
Logos Biosystems, Inc.