Neurotechnology for High-Consequence Communication and Decision-Making
Event Jun 05 - Jun 05, 2019
Commerce Court West
The International Neuroethics Society and Cognixion are hosting a special 1-day conference on Wednesday, June 5, 2019 in Toronto, Canada. Experts from industry, academia and legal professions will come together to discuss the social and ethical implications of neurotechnology relating to health, crime, and civil and disability rights. Find out what the future holds for neurotechnology.
Neurotechnology is advancing at an astonishing pace which will bring massive benefits to people disadvantaged by disease, disability or injury. But where we rely on neurotechnology to enable communication, the stakes are high.
- How will the implantable devices be personalized for the user?
- How can employers prepare for an employee doing their job with the help of neurotechnology, and how will this affect the employee’s rights?
- Could neurotechnology be misused, or used for criminal activity? If so, how
This event will explore the implications of neurotechnology in issues such as:
- Life planning
- Disclosure of abuse
- Medical assistance in dying
The event will be of particular interest to:
- Neurotechnology industry professionals
- Neuroscientists and neurologists
- Psychologists and psychiatrists
- Lawyers and lawmakers
- Civil and disability rights professionals
- Ethicists and philosophers