Scientific Conference Producer (Marketing, Media and Research)
Do you have a passion for science communication and marketing? Technology Networks (a LabX Media Group Company) is looking for a Conference Producer to support the growth of our digital publication & events brand, Analytical Cannabis.
Working closely with the editorial and sales staff, the Conference Producer will play a pivotal role in supporting the company’s growth into the scientific events industry specifically focusing on the international cannabis science and technology market. The successful candidate will be tasked with sourcing speakers, creating high-quality scientific agendas and providing support in the marketing of our events.
The successful candidate must have a background in science (preferably life sciences or chemistry) excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with a real eye for detail. They will be self-motivated and able to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while working as part of a team or independently with minimum supervision. A desire to learn about the latest scientific breakthroughs and techniques is critical to the role.
You will be based out of our Suffolk office which is a commutable distance from Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Colchester and Braintree.
Remote working arrangements will be considered for suitable candidates.
• Source high-quality speakers to create industry-leading technical agendas for physical and digital events
• Develop your knowledge of the international cannabis industry with a specific focus on advancements in science and technology
• Develop your understanding of the needs and motivators of our target audiences and sponsors
• Support our event marketing efforts
• Travel to selected conferences (local and international)
• Demonstratable passion for science and science communication
• Scientific events and/or conference production is an asset
• Marketing experience is an asset
• Understanding of cannabis industry desirable
Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry or chemistry
• Solid scientific background
• Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills are required
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
• Must have an eye for detail
• Outgoing, comfortable on the phone
• Event production skills are an asset
08:30 - 17:00
Technology Networks Limited
Bull Lane Industrial Estate