Custom Content Creation
Science Writer – Custom Content
Are you a creative scientist with a passion for science communication? Then Technology Networks could be the right place for you. Part of LabX Media Group, we are an internationally recognised online scientific publication visited by more than 1 million users every month.
As a member of the Custom Content team, the Science Writer will use their creativity, writing skills and technical expertise to produce high quality written pieces for our many clients. The Science Writer will be responsible for the entire life cycle of projects, from concepting, drafting, developing, managing to the editing proofing and publishing. Given the breadth of the role, you must be confident performing literature reviews, researching new topics and have a proven track record writing technical pieces on a variety of scientific topics.
This role is ideally suited for someone with a strong passion for writing who is looking to make their mark within commercial scientific communication and wants to establish themselves as a subject matter expert within our rapidly growing Custom Content team.
• Research and develop high-quality written pieces including educational articles, interviews, eBooks and how to guides
• Interpret and communicate scientific literature
• Use scientific expertise to assist the team with projects such as video scripting, infographics, podcasts and webinars
• Work closely with our graphic designers to create visually appealing, scientifically accurate pieces
• Adapt writing style and tone to match our client’s expectations
• Manage projects in a changing and deadline-driven environment
• Stay up to date with the changing needs and interests of scientific researchers
• Develop relationships and manage verbal and written communications with scientists, clients, the editorial team, and Technology Networks’ sales representatives
Education & Experience:
• PhD in the life sciences (BSc or MSc will be considered for candidates with demonstrable experience)
• Experience with academic and non-academic scientific writing and editing for different audiences
• Adept at interviewing and communicating with scientists
• Project management is a benefit
Additional optional experience:
• Working in a client-facing role
• Scientific marketing
• Working with a remote team
• Salary will be commensurate with experience
LabX Media Group has over 100 employees in Canada, the US, and the UK, who are serving the scientific industry via dynamic websites and award-winning print publications. In business since 1995 and located at our Midland, Ontario headquarters since 2001, our company is again hiring to meet the needs of our expanding business. LabX Media Group consists of four primary business units: LabX.com, Lab Manager Magazine, Technology Networks, and The Scientist.
08:30 - 17:00
Technology Networks Limited
Bull Lane Industrial Estate