Do you have a passion for science communication? Technology Networks (a LabX Media Group Company) is looking for a Scientific Conference Producer to support the growth of our digital publication & events brand, Analytical Cannabis.
The Conference Producer will play a pivotal role in supporting the company’s growth into the scientific events industry specifically focusing on the international cannabis science and technology market. Based out of our Suffolk office which is a commutable distance from Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Colchester and Braintree, the Conference Producer will source speakers, create high quality scientific agendas and provide support in all aspects of events production.
The successful candidate must have a background in science (preferably life sciences or chemistry) excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with a real eye for detail. They will be self-motivated and able to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while working as part of a team or independently with minimum supervision. Must possess an excellent feel for scientific events production and how to produce engaging events that serve the needs of our audience and sponsors. A desire to learn about the latest scientific breakthroughs and techniques is critical to the role.
• Source high-quality speakers to create industry-leading technical agendas for physical and digital events
• Develop your knowledge of the international cannabis industry with a specific focus on scientific and technical developments
• Develop your understanding of the needs and motivators of our target audiences and sponsors
• Provide copy for event marketing materials
• Provide support for event sales and marketing efforts
• Travel to selected conferences (local and international)
• Scientific events and/or conference production experience
• Passionate about science and science communication
• Understanding of cannabis industry desirable
• Bachelor’s degree in science
• Solid scientific background
• Demonstrate strong events production skills
• Experienced in researching scientific topics
• Excellent understanding of all aspects of events production
08:30 - 17:00