Accelrys Advances Biology Innovation with New Release of Assay and Study Management Product Suite
News Nov 19, 2013
Accelrys, Inc. has announced the latest release of its unified biology assay and study management software suite consisting of Accelrys BioRails DM 4.5, Accelrys BioRails PTO 4.5 and Accelrys Morphit 3.0. The Accelrys BioRails assay data management and project tracking/optimization applications together with the powerful Morphit spreadsheet application help improve the efficiency and productivity of research and development scientists engaged in early-stage screening through in vitro ADME, in vivo DMPK and pharmacology experiments. In the latest BioRails releases, deeper integration with the Accelrys Enterprise Platform and Accelrys Pipeline Pilot extends the data processing and reporting capabilities of BioRails, significantly improving personal and project team productivity in bringing new drugs to market.
"Coordinating and tracking study designs for lead optimization of small molecule and biotherapeutics drugs is a challenge today that leads to inefficient delivery of results, slow turnaround times, costly bottlenecks and poor decision transparency across organizational and geographic boundaries," saidAdel Laoui, PhD, managing director of the Accelrys Life Sciences R&D segment. "The latest releases of the Accelrys BioRails and Morphit applications offer a comprehensive, scalable software solution with true integration of different biopharmaceutical data types, enabling scientists to efficiently manage, analyze and share structured bioassay data during multi-domain drug optimization."
Accelrys BioRails DM (Data Management) and Accelrys BioRails PTO (Project Tracking and Optimization) offer a comprehensive, extensible solution for capturing, processing, analyzing and reporting low to medium-throughput in vitro and in vivo biological data and associated workflows. Through integration with the Accelrys Electronic Lab Notebook and the Accelrys Chemical Registration applications, BioRails enables research scientists and project teams to capture experimental data and methodologies together in a single system, enabling them to quickly analyze assay results and refine study designs. New features in Accelrys BioRails 4.5 include:
• Integration with the Accelrys Enterprise Platform and Scientific Component Collections improve access to scientific solutions across different domains.
• Configurable linking enables integration to external data processing engines including the Accelrys Pipeline Pilotscientific workflow authoring application, enabling project teams to save time by automating tedious manual tasks and sharing best-practice workflows.
• New color-coding of workflows enables project managers to track the status of work in progress and prioritize jobs across teams and individuals.
• Enhanced email notifications support the strategic flow of information and tactical coordination of tasks in a collaborative research environment.
A key component of the BioRails DM application, Accelrys Morphit is a richly interactive, multidimensional Windows client for spreadsheet data capture, analysis and reporting across a wide range of experiments from plate-based in vitro screening to in vivo behavioral studies. As well as providing a significantly enhanced user interface with drag-and-drop selection capabilities, Accelrys Morphit 3.0 offers the following new features, accelerating data capture and analysis in molecular/experimental biology:
• Out-of-the-box pharmacokinetics tools incorporating industry-standard formulas for calculating area under curve, clearance, half life and other PK parameters, enabling fast, flexible PK template design
• Enhanced charting capabilities enabling advanced visualization for improved decision making
• Tighter integration with Microsoft Excel® spreadsheets for improved performance and usability
• New statistical tests for in vivo profiling for greater confidence in results using functions validated against industry standards
Sysmex Partners with Laboratories to Deliver Improved QC ManagementNews
Sysmex America has announced its latest innovation: a way to make quality assurance easier and more risk free than manual quality control processes.READ MORE
BMS, QIAGEN Partner to Develop Gene Expression Profiles for Immuno-OncologyNews
QIAGEN and Bristol-Myers Squibb intend to develop GEPs for several Bristol-Myers Squibb I-O molecules under the initial agreement.READ MORE
Comments | 0 ADD COMMENT
EMBL Course: Introduction to Next Generation Sequencing
Apr 09 - Apr 12, 2018
EMBL Course: RNA Sequencing Library Preparation - How Low Can You Go?
Mar 19 - Mar 23, 2018
EMBL Course: Analysis and Integration of Transcriptome and Proteome Data
Mar 12 - Mar 16, 2018