CfPIE and MichBio Form Collaborative Training Partnership
News Apr 10, 2013
The Center for Professional Innovation and Education (CfPIE), the global leader of technical training across the life sciences industry and MichBio, the statewide biosciences industry association for Michigan, today announced a partnership that will offer MichBio members a 15% discount off CfPIE’s extensive training curriculum and certification programs.
“Our alliance with CfPIE extends both cost-savings and a quality resource for our members to meet professional development and compliance requirements, while capitalizing on personal career growth opportunities,” says Stephen Rapundalo, PhD, President and CEO of MichBio.
MichBio members will benefit from multiple training formats:
• Two and three-day classroom training that provides detailed topic coverage along with opportunities for one-on-one contact with industry-active course directors
• On-site training that delivers economies for groups, travel savings, content customized to corporate needs, and a consistent experience for all company employees in attendance
• Multi-course certification programs that enable individuals to tailor the qualifying courses of study, leading to certification according to their personal and professional needs
Specific bioscience training courses include: cGMP Quality Principles for Pharmaceuticals, Biopharmaceuticals, Biologics and Medical Devices; CMC Regulatory Compliance for Biopharmaceuticals and Biologics; Preparation of FDA Submission and Communicating with the FDA; and Comprehensive Overview of FDA Regulatory Compliance.
MichBio members will learn how to:
• Better understand regulatory agency expectations and how to avoid pitfalls for development and validation of bioanalytical assays for biologics
• Ensure adherence to CMC regulatory compliance for biologics and biopharmaceuticals
• Appreciate the regulatory challenges of biosimilars, and the FDA, EMA and WHO perspectives on them
• An overview of the FDA’s procedures, guidances and regulatory pathways that affect review of potential products, and how to hold meetings with the agency
Batavia Biosciences Teams Up with International Consortium to Support Polio EradicationNews
Batavia Biosciences announces its partnership with an international consortium coordinated by PATH aiming to develop and manufacture safer novel oral poliovirus vaccines (nOPV).READ MORE
Innate Immune Cells Reprogrammed to Fight TuberculosisNews
A cure has eluded scientists for more than a century but, now, a Montreal team of researchers may have discovered a new weapon to combat this global killer. The team is re-programing - or 'training' - immune cells to kill TB. These groundbreaking findings are published online today in the journal Cell.READ MORE
Antibiotic Micro-beads Fight Infection in Joint ReplacementsNews
More than 1 million people undergo total joint replacements each year, and nearly 10,000 will develop infections. To reduce this infection risk, an orthopedic surgeon has created small antibiotic beads that are implanted with the new joint to slowly release medicine for several weeks.READ MORE