We've updated our Privacy Policy to make it clearer how we use your personal data.

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience, read our Cookie Policy

Finding, Fighting the Fat that Fuels Cancer

News   May 20, 2013

 
Finding, Fighting the Fat that Fuels Cancer
 
 
 

RELATED ARTICLES

Tropical Flower Could Help Treat Pancreatic Cancer

News

Researchers have created three new molecules similar to Grandifloracin, a chemical found in the tropical plant Uvaria grandiflora, which grows in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines.

READ MORE

The Secret to a Long Life? For Worms, a Cellular Recycling Protein Is Key

News

Scientists at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute have shown that worms live longer lives if they produce excess levels of a protein, p62, which recognizes toxic cell proteins that are tagged for destruction. The discovery could help uncover treatments for age-related conditions, such as Alzheimer's disease, which are often caused by accumulation of misfolded proteins.

READ MORE

Tucatinib Against Stage IV HER2+ Breast Cancer, Phase III Trial Results Promising

News

Study results show that the combination of the investigational drug tucatinib with standard of care treatment (including the drugs trastuzumab and capecitabine) nearly tripled one-year progression-free survival (33% vs. 12%), and nearly doubled the two-year overall survivor (45% vs. 27%) in women with HER2+ metastatic breast cancer.

READ MORE

 

Like what you just read? You can find similar content on the communities below.

Cancer Research

To personalize the content you see on Technology Networks homepage, Log In or Subscribe for Free

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE