PerkinElmer First to Introduce GMP Compliant Lutetium-177 Nuclide
News Jun 01, 2010
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on the health and safety of people and the environment, today announced the introduction of a new GMP* compliant radiochemical solution, Lu-177 nuclide.** The new compound can be used to investigate more than 30 different clinical applications, including targets for the treatment of colon cancer, metastatic bone cancer, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and lung cancer.
The manufacturing of GMP compliant Lu-177 supports nuclear medicine centers and pharmaceutical companies around the world that are taking active steps to develop new radiopharmaceutical solutions to create potential “Smart Drugs” for targeted cancer therapies.
Recently, PerkinElmer and the University of Missouri Research Reactor (MURR) entered into a collaborative agreement to upgrade the production of Lu-177 from radiochemical grade to achieve compliance with ICH Q7, Good Manufacturing Practice Guidance for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, August
Features and Benefits of Lu-177
• Low-energy gamma rays for investigating diagnostic imaging and radiotherapy
• Short tissue penetration path length for investigating targeted therapy of small tumors
• Relatively long half life of 6.71 days
• High purity and radiochemical concentration for optimal labeling efficiency
• Custom dispensed for added flexibility and convenience
NEN® Radiochemicals have been the standard for quality, reliability, and scientific and manufacturing innovation for over 50 years. This new product offering continues PerkinElmer’s legacy as a premier supplier of radioactive nuclides, ligands and biochemicals. The Company continues its commitment of superior customer satisfaction through our global delivery capabilities, product breadth and technical support.
For more information please visit, www.perkinelmer.com/radiotherapeutics
* Consistent with ICH Q7, Good Manufacturing Practice Guidance for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, August, 2001
** For research and investigational use only