Droplet-on-Demand Platform for Biochemical Screening & Drug Discovery
Poster Mar 06, 2015
L.D. van Vliet1*, F. Gielen1, A. Sinha2, B.T. Koprowski3, J.B. Edel4, X.Niu5, A.J. deMello3, F. Hollfelder1, & J. Motschman2
The method for generating specific sequences of droplets is previously described. Now several modes are demonstrated to enable a wider range of applications.
• Sequences of droplets can be generated from 24 wells.
• Droplets can be merged pairwise.
• Nanoliter droplets can be split into picoliter droplets.
• Our system enables combinatorial screening in nanolitre volumes and we have demonstrated its application to drug screening whether in vitro or in vivo.
• Encapsulated S. Cerevisiae cells showed good growth for all cell strains overnight.
• C. elegans were also encapsulated and were stable in droplets overnight.