Protein Expression Profiling with High-Content Antibody Arrays using Universal Linkage System ULS™ Protein Labeling
Introduction• The Universal Linkage System (ULS™) is a platinum-based technology that allows direct labeling of proteins and nucleic acids with a large variety of labels and haptens, including many fluorophores, biotin, and dinitrophenol.
• In proteins, ULS™ forms a stable coordinative bond with the sulfur atom in Methionine and free Cysteine, and with a nitrogen in Histidines (Fig. 1).
• Is an easy and robust labeling method
• Provides high coverage of proteome
• Is stable in aqueous solution
• Labeling is compatible with a wide range of buffers and detergents including Tris, Glycine, SDS, Triton X-100, NP-40 etc.