Echo® MS System
Echo® MS System
The use of a chromatographic separation technique (such as high pressure liquid chromatography) in line with a mass spectrometer has been the standard approach for quantitative LC-MS analysis since the commercial introduction of mass spectrometers. Electrospray ionization (ESI) is the most common ionization technique used with LC-MS because of its broad compound coverage and ionization efficiency when compared to other approaches like atmospheric pressure chemical ionization (APCI) or matrix assisted laser desorption ionization (MALDI).
However, true high-throughput screening of candidate compounds during drug discovery has been hindered by the limitations of traditional liquid chromatography (LC).
The Echo® MS System is an Acoustic Ejection Mass Spectrometry (AEMS) platform, allowing sample analyses at speeds up to 50 times faster than conventional LC-mass spectrometry.
The Echo® MS System using AEMS technology provides a sample introduction method capable of analyzing 1 sample per second and up to 3 samples per second when multiplexed. With the Echo® MS System, very small, reproducible droplets can be ejected from high-density well plates, and this ejection process is compatible with the wide range of solutions and complex matrices used in drug discovery. The ejected droplets are then captured by the Open Port Interface (OPI) device which uses a laminar flow of carrier solution that dilutes and transports the sample to the electrospray source, where it is ionized by conventional electrospray. This process forms a contactless sample introduction method with minimal carry-over and minimal matrix effects.
Key features of the Echo® MS System
- Rapid sample analysis using Acoustic Droplet Ejection and Open Port Interface:
- One sample per second for a single analyte, up to 3 samples per second in multiplex mode
- Highly reproducible sample injection
- Extremely low potential for carryover
- Broad compound coverage using electrospray ionization featuring the OptiFlow® Turbo V Ion Source for robust and efficient ionization
- Industry proven high sensitivity and quantitative robustness using the SCIEX Triple Quad™ 6500+ LC-MS/MS System
- Ease of operation using SCIEX OS Software
- Purpose built for incorporation into HTS workflows
- Sample plate tray can be accessed by most robotic arms
- Open software API for incorporation of platform into existing automated HTS environments