Why Vegan Products Don’t Always Taste As You’d Expect
Does your vegan schnitzel taste slightly rancid or does your dairy product taste bitter? Does your food unpleasant, when you open the package? This is what chemists call an off-flavor.
This unpleasant effect is stronger with some products than with others, and this is because of the predominantly plant-based origin of the raw materials, which are subject to certain variations and can therefore cause an unpleasant taste. Food chemists need to be able to detect these substances at very low concentrations and find out if they are present in all or just in some products.
In this episode, we are joined by Petra Gerhards, regional marketing manager for EMEA at Thermo Fisher Scientific. She explains how to detect small concentrations of off-flavors quickly with the Thermo Scientific™ Orbitrap™ MS technology which includes fully automated deconvolution.
By watching this episode, you will learn about a fully automated workflow for Off Flavor analysis including sample preparation, High-Resolution Mass Spectrometry, Deconvolution and Principal Compound analysis.
- Webinar in German language on January 17, 2023 and later on on-demand
- Webinar in English language on January 19, 2023 and later on on-demand
- AnalyteGurublog “Do all your yogurts taste the same? If not, you need a GC Orbitrap”
- Orbitrap GC-MS website
- Recommended headspace vials for this application
- Learn more about personalized and flexible financial solutions that help you to overcome budgetary constraints and meet your business goals