Accelerating Drug Discovery and Safety Studies on SyncroPatch 384, User Perspectives
Who's speaking at this Webinar?
Dr Ciria Hernandez, MD, Ph.D
Assistant Research Scientist, University of Michigan Life Sciences Institute
Principal Scientist, Charles River Laboratories
In this webinar there will be two speakers discussing:
High-Throughput Functional Evaluation of Melanocortin Compounds at the MC4R-Kir7.1 Complex: Biased Signaling at the Melanocortin 4 Receptor
CiPA Based Evaluation of Proarrhythmia
Watch now to learn about:
- Melanocortin 4 receptors (MC4R) are G-protein coupled receptors (GPCR)
- Loss-of-function MC4R mutation are linked to early-onset syndromic obesity.
- MC4R is the first GPCR reported to functionally directly interact with the inward rectifier potassium channel Kir7.1.
- Evaluation of validated channel assays and applied them to several drugs with questionable proarrhythmic safety.
- Applying the CiPA Approach to Evaluate Cardiac Proarrhythmia Risk ofsome Antimalarials Used Off-label in the First Wave of COVID-19