Collecting X-ray Powder Diffraction Data: how to choose the best configuration and measurement parameters
X-ray Powder Diffractometers are versatile instruments that often come with a variety of optics and accessories that can be exchanged to optimize measurements. While these options provide flexibility, they can also leave one unsure about the best configuration to use. This presentation will teach ways to navigate all of the choices and select the best configuration and measurement parameters to collect powder diffraction data from a variety of samples.
This presentation will:
- review the common optics used for X-ray powder diffraction and discuss their impact on data quality;
- discuss how configuration affects resolution, intensity, beam size, etc;
- identify the most critical criteria for collecting accurate data;
- discuss how different sample types (clinker, mining, chemical, pharmaceutical, advanced materials) place different requirements on measurements;
- discuss strategies for optimizing measurement parameters.
Attendees will leave with practical knowledge on selecting the optimal instrument set up to obtain the best data for a certain type of sample.
What will you learn?
XRD system components and their purposes and affects on the quality of data. Strategies for best setups for given sample types. As a bonus they will be able to download a chart from the presenter that makes setting up experiments for different samples effortless.
SMi Presents the 2nd Annual Conference: Injectable Drug Delivery 2019
May 15 - May 16, 2019